Comprehensive training and development for your agency's current and future leadership.
IIAG's Principals Academy offers a comprehensive training and development program suited for future principals and anyone on your agency management team focused on being the most effective agency principal they can be.
The exciting new program will be presented by industry experts and leaders over the course of three, two-day sessions beginning November 1-2 to cover performance measures, best practices, trends, recruiting, operations, business planning, valuation, perpetuation, legal matters and human resources.
Principals Academy Curriculum
(Limited to 20 Participants)
Enroll your agency leaders in IIAG's Principal Academy beginning November 2-3, where they will be fully developed and trained to lead your agency into the future and beyond.
Training, management and development segments included in the Principal Academy:
- Performance Measures
What do they mean and how does your agency compare to others?
- Industry Trends
What is the direction of the independent agency system?
How to find, hire, retain, and lead the best talent in the industry.
Utilize workflow and technology to run an efficient and profitable agency that serves your clients well.
- Business Planning
Chart your agency's course for where you want to go and how you are going to get there.
- Valuation & Perpetuation
Learn to enhance the value of your agency to allow you options for passing it onto the next generation.
- Legal and Human Resources
What you need to know about compliance in today’s regulatory environment.
How to lead effectively in today’s
climate through clarity and vision
Principals Academy Enrollment
Deadline July 15
(Limited to 15 Participants)
Program Enrollment Fee
The Principals Academy enrollment fee is $750 per student and includes lunch every day.
• A commitment to attend all three sessions.
November 1-2, 2017; January 24-25; and April 25-26.
• Reading of one book ahead of each session which you are free to purchase in whatever format you prefer.
• Completion of an agency data collection report. The agency specific report will be generated from this and a $500 agency analysis report will be yours to keep.
• Non-disclosure agreement.
• Completed on-line application.
• Written Essay on why you want to participate in the Principals Academy and what you hope to achieve.
Email your completed essay to Christy Minardi at the Independent Insurance Agents of Georgia at this address, firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also send your essay by postal mail to 4555 Mansell Road, Suite 300, Alpharetta, GA 30022.
Course Dates and Outline
November 1-2, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
SIU, 4500 Mansell Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022
Best Practices Study of your agency with Reagan Consulting's Brian McNeely and Harrison
January 24-25, 2018
9:00 a.m. . - 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Risk Innovations- 211 Perimeter Center Pkwy
Suite 1050, Atlanta, GA 30346
- WHAT TO BRING: Your agency's assessment from Reagan Consulting reviewed in the last session and one or two questions you have from it. For example, "Why is my agency's revenue per employee low?"
- WHICH AGENCY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM DO YOU USE? Email email@example.com with your response.
WEDNESDAY, January 24, 2018
with Laura Nettles, Nettles Consulting Network
9:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Policies and procedures
- Account current
- Account receivables management
11:45 a.m. Personal Lines Introduction and Overview with Risk Innovations LLC
12:00 p.m. Lunch
5:00 p.m. After hours event hosted by Risk Innovations, LLC. Location TBA.
THURSDAY, January 25, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Agency Technology with Kevin Soskin, Applied Systems
- Technology & automation
- Agency management systems
11:00 a.m. Working Lunch
Introduction and Overview of Risk Innovations, LLC.
IIAG Diamond Parnter and Location Host
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Agency Management Systems with Kevin Soskin, Applied Systems
April 25-26, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Genesee General, 3025 Windward Plaza, Ste 400, Alpharetta, GA 30005
April 25, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Human Resources with Kelly M. Barnes, Human Systems Division Senior Vice President, Branch Banking & Trust (BB&T)
- Hiring and firing
- Compliance issues
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Agency Legal Matters with IIAG Attorney, Mark Burnette
- Restrictive covenants and non-competes
- Vicarious liability of an employer for actions of
- Federal Trade Commission Act and National Labor
Relations Act and how they affect insurance agencies
- E-verify and how it applies to hiring and filing
- Overview of “at will” employment under Georgia law
- Shareholder and operating agreements
April 26, 2018
Agency Perpetuation and Valuation
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Instructor: Dave Tralka, InsurBanc
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Purchase financing and payment plans
- Attracting new owners
- Stock options and ownership plans for producers.
- Multiples of EBITA or Revenues