Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Association Health Plan (AHP)?
- Association Health Plans, under the U.S. Department of Labor's rule, are group health plans that employer groups and associations offer to provide health coverage for employees. AHP's allow small employers and individuals to band together to purchase the types of coverage that are available to large employers, which can be less expensive and better tailored to their needs.
When can I obtain a quote and enroll for the Association Health Plan?
- Quotes will be available as soon as Mid-September and the open enrollment period will be October 1st-December 31st for a January 1, 2020 issue date.
How do you obtain a quote?
- You contact either Patrick Bell (404-949-1098) or Kira Ohlendorf (404-949-1083) at Pritchard & Jerden.
Who is eligible to participate in the AHP?
- The AHP is available to all member agencies. Once a member agency makes the decision to enroll, all the full-time employees of that agency are eligible to participate.
Are there participation or contribution requirements from the employer?
- There are no minimum participation or contribution requirements by the employer. If you have two eligible employees (including owner/partners), a single employee is eligible to enroll.
What plans are available?
- Medical options (including a high deductible HSA qualified plan)
- Dental options (employer paid & voluntary, including a high/low option)
- Vision Option
- Employer Sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer Sponsored Life
- Critical Illness
Will I be required to answer medical questions?
- Medical questions will not be required for any of the plans including the medical.
Do the medical plans cover pre-existing conditions?
- Yes. The medical plans meet the Healthcare Reform Law guidelines for large groups, including essential benefits.
Who are the insurance carriers the IIAG has partnered with?
- Humana is administering the medical, dental and vision programs, while Met Life is offering the long term disability, life, critical illness, accident and legal plans
Do I need to be a member of the IIAG to access these programs?
If I have further questions, who do I contact?
- Pritchard & Jerden is the Plan Administrator. You can reach out to Patrick Bell (404-949-1098) or Kira Ohlendorf (404-949-1083).