Thank you for your interest in Eagle Agency. You are just a few steps away from gaining access to four premier personal lines markets. Eagle Company Partners are Travelers, MetLife Auto and Home, Hartford and Progressive.
What is Eagle Agency?
Eagle Agency is an independent agency operated by the Big “I.” It is an exclusive personal lines benefit for Big “I” members. As an Eagle Agent you maximize independence by choosing either to be appointed to sub-produce policies or just simply submit personal lines business on the Big I Markets website for quote and issue as needed. For both options the Eagle Company Partners are the same: Travelers, MetLife Auto and Home, and Progressive. If you choose appointment there is a minimum required two (2) new lines policies a month for each Company. If you are not sure the Agency can commit to two new line policies a month, choose Eagle Express. There is no minimum per month policy requirement with Eagle Express.
Is there a membership cost?
Yes, there is a one time, non-refundable fee of $100. The fee is collected your state association.
Who should apply for Eagle?
Anyone with prior insurance industry experience as an independent agent, captive agent, direct writer, company underwriter or personnel or claims representative. If you are thinking about becoming an independent agent or are an agent relatively newly in business, Eagle Agency can be an especially good fit for you.
Eagle Agency Submission and Appointment Requirements:
We work closely with carriers to qualify prospective Eagle agents. To be considered for an Eagle appointment, you must be a member in good standing of your Big "I" state association. The candidate will also provide:
- Business Plan
- Agency principal’s resume
- Copy of Errors and Omissions Declaration with a minimum of $1,000,000
- *Agency License
- Agent License(s)
- If you are a current agent, production loss reports from the top three personal lines carriers
- Core Business Requirements:
- Active membership with your Big “I” State Association
- Hold valid Property/Casualty Licenses
- Maintain Errors and Omission coverage with at least a minimum limit of $1,000,000
- Computer with Microsoft Windows based operating system (sorry, Eagle automation is not compatible with Mac)
*Certain agency ownerships do not require an agency license.
How to Apply for Eagle Markets
Click here to download a PDF of the following steps.
1. First, join your Big "I" state association. Click the "Join" tab at the top-right of this page to find your state’s website and contact information. In addition to the services provided by the state, you get access to programs offered through the national association, such as Eagle Agency. Click here to learn more about the Big "I".
2. Become a Big "I" Markets Sub-producer. Once you are a member, become a sub-producer on Big "I" Markets, the IIABA's market access program. Go to www.bigimarkets.com. From the landing page, select the “Register On-line” link and follow the instructions. This process puts a sub-producer agreement in place. Take some time to navigate the site to become familiar with the products available. (A website demonstration webinar is held every Thursday afternoon. See website to register.)
3. Apply for Eagle. Once the BIM registration is complete, Log onto Big “I” Markets (www.bigimarkets.com) and select Eagle Agency Appointment Application from the offline products menu on the left tool bar.
4. Once you have selected Eagle Agency Appointment Application, click on the request a quote button.
5. Complete the information requested. ENTER YOUR AGENCY NAME AND ADDRESS AS THE CLIENT, as you are actually the client in this case.
6. Submit the quote request which will alert Eagle staff of your interest.
7. Complete the online application and provide the additional forms that are required.
8. Either scan and attach the completed agency profile forms in Big “I” Markets or fax them to Jodie Bacote at 703-995-4406. The required forms include a business plan, resume a copy of your agency E&O dec page, most recent production report, and a copy of your state P&C license.
Eagle Agency has been a part of the Big "I" for fifteen years. It was originally developed to help small, rural agencies compete in the market with nationally recognized carriers. Eagle started in thirteen states and now we are in forty eight states and the District of Columbia. There are quite a few Eagle success stories.
With Eagle Agency the more you write the more you earn. In addition to being able to earn graduated commissions, YOU OWN the policy renewal and there is NO penalty fee should you decide to move the business from Eagle.
The commission we receive differs by carrier and line of business. The percentage we share with Eagle Agents is based on the total volume of the agency. Earn graduated commissions based on volume as indicated below:
*Eagle Express agents must use company service centers which results in lower commission.
COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS & AVAILABILITY
Coverage is available for vehicles, property, umbrella, valuables, and watercraft.
MetLife Auto and Home
Coverage is available for vehicles, property, umbrella and valuables.
Coverage is available for vehicles, watercraft and business automobile.