Additional Education Opportunities
What is the AAI Designation?
The AAI program is suited for both new and experienced producers, experienced CSRs, account executives, supervisors of producers, insurance company field representatives, and agency managers and principals. In addition, AAI is suitable for anyone interested in becoming a producer.
Did You Know?
The AAI qualifies for an exemption on the counselors license exam. No annual update required to maintain the designation. Reduces CE hours needed annually to six.
AAI 81 Study Group - May 4-6, 2020
Registration Deadline April 17, 2020
Registration includes: AAI books, student discussion, and proctored exams for the 2020 AAI 81, 82, or 83 self study programs. Registration and payment in full are required to attend.
Study groups will gather at IIAG Diamond Partner Southern Insurance Underwriter's Office from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on the appointed dates with a discussion facilitator and exam proctor each day.
Courses Offered in 2020:
- AAI 81 Parts A, B & C - Foundations of Insurance Production - May 4-6, 2020
- AAI 82 Parts A, B, & C - Multiple Lines Insurance Production - August 10-12, 2020
- AAI 83 Parts A, B, & C - Agency Operations & Sales - November 9-11, 2020
Cost of Study Group, Materials, and Proctored Exam:
- Member Fee $525 per session
- Non-Member Fee $600 per session
*Please note that this is a self-study program. If you expect to pass the exams, it is critical that all materials should be read and studied prior to the group study. Periodic emails will be sent as on-task reminders and motivation to registrants as well as to connect them to other participants.
Their topnotch online courses are taught by award winning university professor Dr. Jack Morton using humorous stories and straightforward examples.
Each course includes:
1. Comprehensive teaching lectures;
2. Sample questions and practice exams;
3. Excellent customer service;
4. Hard copy textbooks with free shipping; and
5. Free extensions until you pass!
IIAG Members can save up to $40 on their registration fees when they use the Authorization code "GAIIAG17" to unlock discount.
A dynamic and flexible agent training solution from the Big "I" Virtual University.
You’ve been an agent for a year or two, the ride has been incredible! You like the business, the relationships and the challenge; and you suddenly realize insurance is complicated, confusing and sometimes frustrating. Because insurance is so complex, you have to take control of your training - learning and professional development must be intentional. Simply complying with annual CE requirements or other such “accidental” learning won’t get you where you want or NEED to be professionally.
The Big “I’” Virtual University (VU) has partnered with the Agent Broker Education Network (ABEN) to develop and produce a 24-hour program that allows you to take control of your learning and make your professional growth intentional. This eight-part series is designed to allow you to “skip over” three or more years of accidental learning.
In just 24 session hours, you will intentionally learn more than you will learn accidentally over the next 6,000 hours!This VU/ABEN partnership makes it easy to be intentional about your insurance education because every session is presented electronically and even though you aren’t sitting in a class, you still have the opportunity to ask and receive answers to your questions via email – and you can review questions and answers asked by others.
Comprehensive training and development for your agency's current and future leadership.
IIAG's Principals Academy offers a comprehensive training and development program suited for future principals and anyone on your agency management team focused on being the most effective agency principal they can be.
The exciting new program will be presented by industry experts and leaders over the course of three, two-day sessions to cover performance measures, best practices, trends, recruiting, operations, business planning, valuation, perpetuation, legal matters and human resources.
- Performance Measures What do they mean and how does your agency compare to others?
- Industry Trends What is the direction of the independent agency system?
- Recruiting How to find, hire, retain, and lead the best talent in the industry.
- Operations Utilize workflow and technology to run an efficient and profitable agency that serves your clients well.
- Business Planning Chart your agency's course for where you want to go and how you are going to get there.
- Valuation & Perpetuation Learn to enhance the value of your agency to allow you options for passing it onto the next generation.
- Legal and Human Resources What you need to know about compliance in today’s regulatory environment.
- Leadership How to lead effectively in today’s climate through clarity and vision
Program Enrollment Fee
The Principals Academy enrollment fee is $750 per student and includes lunch every day.
- Commit to attend all three sessions
- Reading of one book ahead of each session which you are free to purchase in whatever format you prefer.
- Completion of an agency data collection report. The agency specific report will be generated from this and a $500 agency analysis report will be yours to keep.
- Non-disclosure agreement.
- Completed on-line application.
- Written Essay on why you want to participate in the Principals Academy and what you hope to achieve.